Thursday, January 19, 2006

I just finished reading the FAMOUS Cape Breton Post and there was an article on Gordie Sampson and his recent sucess with his song "Jesus, take the wheel" that Carrie Underwood performs. Then I looked on his website and saw all the songs he wrote (ones I never knew he wrote at all!! For example "Paris" by Faith Hill and "Followed Her Around" by Jimmy Rankin! Great songs!) and was amazed! He is a really great writer! He has a rare talent and once he gets noticed, he is going to be OFF THE CHARTS! I'm proud of the guy. I don't actually know him, but because of the AMAZING pride of our INCREDIBLE island, everyone from CB feels connected, and it is quite possible that we're all related! Tenth cousins to us is a close relation! :) I love it! There is something extra special about this place! Well, that's all I have to say... I love Cape Breton and Gordie Sampson is incredibley talented and everyone should check him out. He is the next big star... and not because he barely wears any clothes and has long lucious flowing blond hair and has one lucky break with a crappy pop song about Hitting Babies one more time (??), but because he ACTUALLY has great talent! I'm excited to see where he goes and if he can put ol' CB on the map. If not, we can just stay here and bask in our great celtic pride...

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark & Cheryl said...

Hi Jacki
I came across your blog from Jeff & Amanda's links....glad to see you have jumped on board. I am still rather slack with updates, but it is a fun way to stay in touch.
P.S. I love Gordie too!!
Cheryl MacNeil (MacIsaac):)

5:42 AM  
Blogger Jeff and Amanda said...

I often find myself wondering why Gordie Sampson thought 'you're my sunburn' would be a good line.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Jacki said...

Hi Cheryl! So good to hear from you! I like these blog things cause it's the only way to catch up on ppl's lives. So I conformed... :) And J and A, it's a good line! Like, you lay out in the sun and love it, but get burned in the end... haha that's my thought anyways. I think he's very smart. :) Love Jack

9:39 AM  
Blogger Steve and Susan said...

Hi jack!!!-- glad to see you love gordie-- you and steve have something in common!!-- hey when are you going to have a picture on?? miss you--

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home