Thursday, February 16, 2006

I am a hypocrite... :)

So, I am looking at everyones blog wondering when some people are ever going to update (ahem... susan and steve, leanne mac, etc...) and THEN I realized, I never update! haha So I thought it was about time... Well my job is going great. I love the old folks. I had a pretty bad attitude going in (I just wanted to be a free woman with no commitments!!), but then I was quickly shown that was not the way to be and I love it! I love the people and I love spending time with them, finding out their histories, getting marriage advice since apparently they think it's time for me to get married, and just loving the people that God loves so much... It's a whole new mentality, getting past selfishness and really loving people. I'm pretty bad at it actually! :) but I'm learning. Good thing God's patient. If he wasn't, he wouldn't like me very much! Valentines day was cool too, going on this mentality of loving others rather than wanting everyone to love me... It was a big lesson and I'm glad I got to begin learning it. So other than that, no major news... I'm not engaged or having a baby or buying a car. So nothing crazily exciting, except ALISHA IS COMING HOME TODAY! woohoo! I am really excited about that. It's also incredibly sunny and warm today which puts me in such a great mood! So if I see you and aggressively run and hug you, it's the suns fault... so don't get weirded out. :) well, since I'm babbling and ppl only really come on for the pictures, I'll put some on... haha I'll put some more from christmas and some summer ones so we can all get excited for the warmmm weather (since jack frost decided to take a vacation from Cape Breton this winter, we might as well get into the warm weather too!) I hope everyone is doing great, leave me a msg cause if I know ppl read these, I will post more... (that's just what I say to make you msg me... but I will try! Honestly!). Love you all!


Dave and Scotty at the Stivers...


Leigh-Anne being her usually hot self. H-O-T hot... ;)


Alisha and I surfing in the summer! :) ahhhhh summer...


Me and Matty on Scotty's sailboat... (I guess David's boat to be correct, but I think ol' MAc took it over)

10 Comments:

Blogger The Barretts said...

Hey, I as excited to see an update, Jackie!! Sounds like God is teaching you a lot these days; that's awesome. Elderly people have a lot of wisdom that we can learn from, that's for sure.

Cute pics too by the way!!

4:22 AM  
Blogger Steve and Susan said...

oh jackie... old people=fun-- i should make a shirt out of that-- they really are the best... even if you have to clean them up!! --sorry about the blog... its on my list to do this weekend.. steve just hasn't taught me .. so i will try my best to get you some pics and posts---- say hi to alisha for me!!-- lov ya

8:48 AM  
Blogger joe and gem said...

it's about time! that's all i have to say. well, except for the fact that it's spring break, and i am once again in sackville by myself and BORED! i miss you!!!
p.s. janet says hi. :)

12:28 PM  
Blogger Jacki said...

Which Janet?? My beautiful roommate with yellow hair and a nice black attire or charlotte's best friend that loves sitting on her deck?? :)

2:12 PM  
Blogger Leanne said...

Jack-as, I miss you so much. Hoenstly, if I wasn't madly in love with a boy from Moncton, I wouldn't think twice about moving to Cape Breton to just hang out with you. You should really come to the M-dot for a visit. What do you think?!?!?! :) Doooooo it!!
Anyway, I love you and I think about you all the time!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Jeff and Amanda said...

YEY, an update with pictures! Just wanted to let you know I read your blog daily...when there are updates that is! haha
Old people eh? Yes they are very knowledgable and funny. Many are very blunt...I like that! So when are you getting married? jk
Amanda
PS Scotty Mac is coming to visit today!

7:06 AM  
Blogger K & G said...

Hi Jacki! Just wanted to post and say hiya. Looks like you're having fun in CB! I like the pics ~ Take care :)

11:34 PM  
Blogger AshG said...

Hey Jacki,
Well I always read everyones blog and I never comment.. So I guess its about time! I'm glad to hear all your news about you not getting married or having a baby.. we're same-ers! ANyWHo I miss you lots, and I'm always so jealous when I see all your pictures with all these CB folks I havent seen in years. I can't wait to see you all at JOshy's wedding! God bless!

1:13 PM  
Blogger The Cari's said...

Hey Jacki! So I had no idea that you had a blog. I feel so silly. Anyway, nice to see your pics- lots of fun ones. Can't wait to see ya soon- very soon in fact. Take care,

10:48 AM  
Blogger joe and gem said...

hey, smercer....... updates???
(i can say that now that i updated, haha!)
come to sackville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home